WILMSLOW HIGH SCHOOL
Learning Support Assistant – Specialist Skills, Autism AAAE 5053
Start Date: 1st September 2018 – 31st August 2019
Salary Grade NJC Grade 6 (£15,648 - £17,606 actual)
Fixed Term, Term-time only, 33.5 hours per week, 38.2 weeks per year (8.30am – 3.30pm)
· Post-holder to work with autistic students both in mainstream Learning Support and within our ASC Resource Provision base.
· Essential experience of working with young people with Special Educational Needs
· To help promote independent learning.
· To take into account the student/s’ special needs and ensure their access to the lesson and its content through appropriate clarification, explanations, equipment and materials.
· To build and maintain successful relationships with students, treating them consistently with respect and consideration
The school is committed to Equal Opportunities in Employment and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The school expects its staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
For details and application form please visit: www.wilmslowhigh.com/vacancies or www.tes.com
Closing Date: Tuesday, 17th July 2018 at 12 noon
Formal Interview Date: Thursday, 19th July 2018