Learning Support Assistant (Part Time, Term Time Only)
St Joseph's College is a vibrant independent day and boarding school in Ipswich providing a broad and seamless education for over 600 boys and girls aged 3 - 18. We provide a wide range of stimulating and challenging opportunities that our pupils embrace in both the academic and extra-curricular life of the College.
The resultant all-round education develops our pupils into well-rounded individuals who challenge themselves to ‘be our best’ in every aspect of life at the school, and beyond. Our innovative teaching and subsequent success starts in the Prep School and runs all the way through the Senior School and Sixth Form.
For immediate starts, applications are invited for the position of Learning Support Assistant to support the work of the Learning Support Team in guiding and addressing the individual requirements of students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities. Duties to include:
- In-class support for students with a range of difficulties
- Supporting small groups and individual students who attend the Learning Support Department for additional support in literacy and other curriculum areas
- Developing differentiated activities to ensure students with special educational needs can fully access the curriculum
- Scribing and reading for students during their examinations (training will be delivered)
- Some administrative tasks to support the SENCO’s role
The following qualities and experiences would be desirable:
- An interest in supporting students in Science, Maths and ICT
- Experience of working with young people within an educational setting
- A desire to provide pastoral support within a mentoring role
- The Learning Support Department offers a warm, encouraging and friendly approach within an inclusive ‘can do’ environment and we are looking for somebody who can contribute towards maintaining this positive working ethos
Further details and an application form may be found at https://www.stjos.co.uk/our-community/job-vacancies or by contacting the HR Officer by email (email@example.com) or telephone (01473) 690281.
The closing date for applications is Midday on Monday 24 May 2021, with interviews taking place Thursday 27 May. The College reserves the right to interview prior to the closing deadline, so early applications are encouraged.
St Joseph’s College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undertake child protection screening appropriate to the post, including an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service. Please be advised that applications cannot be accepted unless they are on the College’s Application Form. References will be taken up and will be carefully checked. DBS charge payable by applicant.
St Joseph's College
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 18 years