Our students are amazing! They are clever, kind and a joy to work with. They inspire, challenge and drive us as professionals to deliver the highest standards of education and care; to fill their school life with academic rigour, compassion and laughter. School is a busy and varied place of work (definitely not your normal 9-5!) but, as a team, we work together to reach out, find solutions and truly make a difference in the lives of young people.
These are exciting times for the Inclusion department at Saint Gregory’s. Due to the growth in numbers of students that we support with SEND needs, we are:
- Introducing a new structure within the department from September 2021. In addition, all departments in the school will have a teacher ‘champion’ linked to the Inclusion department.
- Moving to a larger area of the school to accommodate our growing team. This space will include a dedicated teaching room with a suite of computers for students, and a separate therapeutic area.
- Providing every Learning Support Assistant with an ‘LSA Toolkit’ that will include a Chrome book and other resources to help support student learning.
- Investing in professional development for all staff, e.g. we are currently working with the MITA (Maximising the Impact of Teaching Assistants) programme.
Applicants must have a minimum of five GCSE (or equivalent) passes at Grade C or above including English and Mathematics and have the flexibility to contribute to in-class support, small group work and one to one support of students with SEND. Equally as important, however, are the ‘softer’ skills needed to engage, inspire and encourage our young people to achieve their very best.
You do not need to have worked as a teaching assistant before, although of course we also welcome applications from experienced professionals seeking a new career challenge in an outstanding school.
We welcome applications from those considering a career in teaching and who are seeking to gain hands-on experience, or who are currently studying for a career in teaching but require flexible, part-time hours to fit in around their studies.
Why you should join Saint Gregory's:
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable place in the world and the contribution that you bring to our school deserves its own rewards. As a member of our team, you can expect:
• Outstanding professional support to help you develop your career
• A vibrant and dynamic student body that deserves the very best in teaching and support
• A rewarding and dynamic job role making a real, lasting and positive impact
• A positive and innovative learning culture where well-being and workload are effectively managed
• Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We follow safer recruitment practices and appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check prior of employment. Details of our Child Protection Policy can be found on our website at www.st-gregorys.org.uk/useful-information/key-documents.
Saint Gregory's Catholic College
Bath and North East Somerset
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Saint Gregory’s is an over-subscribed high achieving school with a national reputation for excellence. Our last Ofsted and Diocesan inspections rated us as outstanding and we are committed to maintaining and developing that high standard.
The New Six...