Learning Support Assistant / Teaching Assistant
£65.00-£85.00 per day
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are At least 6 weeks experience in placement related to children or education and ELSA Emotional Literacy Support Assistants (ELSA) Training.
Vision for education are seeking Learning Support Assistant / Teaching Assistant to join our team asap.
We are looking for a skilled and experienced Learning Support Assistant / Teaching Assistant, with experience of working with children on a 121 basis. The role would be working with a Key Stage 2 child who has recently been given an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP).
This is an outstanding Primary setting on the outskirts of Bristol. A supportive environment with an excellent reputation locally.
To be considered for the Learning Support Assistant / Teaching Assistant position, you will:
• Have a minimum of 20 days experience in one relevant setting i.e. school, youth centre, sports coaching, residential setting, respite centre
• A reference to cover a 6 week period (this does not have to be full time) experience on a relevant setting as above
• Previous experience of working with behaviours that challenge is highly desirable
• ELSA - Emotional Literacy Support Assistants training
• An enhanced DBS registered to the update service or the willingness to apply for one
• The ability to work on initiative and proactively
• The desire to work with young people with special educational needs
• Own transport is highly desirable or close links to public transport
• Available at least 3 days per week
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality Primary, Primary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Learning Support Assistant who can enthuse, motivate, and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Bristol team on 0117 248 2600.
Vision For Education Ltd