Learning Support Assistant
Location – Wandsworth
Pay - £70 to £85 per day/ part-time
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are 6 weeks experience in a similar education-based setting.
Contract dates - ASAP, part time for the Academic Year
Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Learning Support Assistant to work in a “good” school in Wandsworth, South West London. This role is part time to start ASAP. It will include working with a KS3 pupil in class, supporting on a 1:1 basis. This position is for the academic year working Monday, Thursday and Friday only.
• Learning Support Assistant
• In class support, 1:1 and small group work
• Part time, ASAP start – Monday, Thursday, Friday
• Ofsted rated good
• Large site
• Larger than average cohort
• Single Sex
• New building and excellent resources available
To be considered for the Learning Support Assistant position, you will:
• Proven experience supporting the UK or equivalent curriculum within the past two years
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Graduate desirable but not essential
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Learning Support who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact our Secondary Team on 0207 065 7535, quoting the reference RXNLSA30217.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.
- Supply agency