Learning Support Assistant
Start Date: September 2019
32.5 hour per week
Term time only
We are seeking to appoint two well organised, skilled and professional people to support students within the School. If you are passionate about young people, enjoy variety in your role and thrive on working in a busy environment this is a great opportunity for you. The successful candidate should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, relate well to young people and possess Maths and English GCSE Grade C or above (or equivalent).
Working as part of a team is a crucial aspect of the role within many different departments, so you must have a flexible attitude to react to different situations throughout the school day and the ability to use your own initiative within the learning environment.
Are you able to:
• Work flexibly and on your own initiative?
• Communicate effectively with a friendly and helpful disposition?
• Work calmly under pressure?
• To assist in the education, supervision and welfare of students in the classes you are assigned to and around the school
• To create a positive atmosphere and professional impression that reflects our core values and ethos
• Working in a small highly motivated team of colleagues
• The opportunity to gain further experience and career progression as the school is built, the intake grows and our infrastructure expands
For further details please see our website www.bohuntworthing.com or email Susana Newhouse at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please read the Job Description, Letter to Applicants, School Information and Dress Code and complete the BSW Support Staff Application Form.
Closing date: Tuesday 9th July 12:00noon
Interview date: TBC
Start date: September 2019
Bohunt School Worthing is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any successful applicant will be required to undertake a Disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service at an Enhanced level.