LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANT
To start as soon as possible
NJC GRADE 4, points 5 – 6 - £18,795 - £19,171 (£8,993- £9,173 pro rata)
Term Time Only plus INSET Days
20.83 hours per week
9.00 am – 1.30 pm (some flexibility may be considered if it meets the needs of the pupils)
Could you provide support and guidance for our students on the Inclusion Support Register?
We are seeking an outstanding individual who is confident, well organised, self-motivated and with good interpersonal skills. The successful applicant will be a valued member of the Inclusion Team, working with students in mainstream classes, alongside teaching colleagues. The focus of the support is for both individual students and groups. The postholder may also be involved in taking the lead in some small group provision. Evidence of education to GCSE standard is essential.
We can offer you:
• A friendly and supportive environment
• The opportunity to work with well-motivated students and supportive parents
• A location on the coast very close to main line railway services and road networks
• Free well-being and medical support cover
• The opportunity to be part of the South Downs Education Trust MAT
• Use of our brand new fitness suite
If you feel you have the necessary skills for this position and would like further information, an application form and job description can be downloaded from the links provided on the school website at www.worthinghigh.net/vacancies or obtained from the school by phoning 01903 237864. Further information about the school and details of how to apply can also be obtained from the school website.
Completed application forms should sent to Mr Panayiotou, Headteacher, at the address below or emailed to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is 30 January 2020 9am
Interviews will be held on 12 February 2020
Please note, because of the nature of this job, if you are successful in your application you will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service with barred list check. This will be done by means of applying for a DBS certificate through the Disclosure and Barring Service. Disclosures include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions, spent or unspent. Clearance will be obtained before employment commences.
Worthing High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
• Worthing High School, part of the South Downs Education Trust, is an academy and a charitable company limited by guarantee and registered in England and Wales with company number 8276210. The Registered Office is at: South Farm Road, Worthing, West Sussex BN14 7AR
• We recognise continuous service from academy/non-academy schools