Learning Support Assistant
Excellent Package - salary £11,171
32.5 hours per week, term time only
We are seeking to appoint a well organised, skilled and professional person to support students within the School. If you are passionate about young people, enjoy variety in your role and thrive on working in a busy environment this is a great opportunity for you. The successful candidate should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, relate well to young people and possess Maths and English GCSE Grade C or above (or equivalent).
Working as part of a team is a crucial aspect of the role within many different departments, so you must have a flexible attitude to react to different situations throughout the school day and the ability to use your own initiative within the learning environment.
Are you able to:
- Work flexibly and on your own initiative?
- Communicate effectively with a friendly and helpful disposition?
- Work calmly under pressure?
- To assist in the education, supervision and welfare of students in the classes you are assigned to and around the school
- To create a positive atmosphere and professional impression that reflects our core values and ethos
- Working in a small highly motivated team of colleagues
- The opportunity to gain further experience and career progression as the school is built, the intake grows and our infrastructure expands
The post is based at Bohunt School Worthing in our state of the art new buildings which we moved into in September 2016. The South of England based Bohunt Educational Trust has evolved from Bohunt School in Hampshire, which is rated Outstanding in every category by Ofsted and the Times Educational Supplement School of the Year 2014. BET's educational philosophy is encapsulated by three short verbs: Enjoy, Respect and Achieve.
For further details please see our website www.bohuntworthing.com or email the Headteacher’s PA Lisa Day at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TO APPLY: Please read the Job Description, Letter to Applicants, School Information and Dress Code and complete the Support Staff Application form.
Closing date: Midday Monday 10 July
Interview date: TBC
Start date: September 2017
Bohunt School Worthing is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any successful applicant will be required to undertake a Disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service at an Enhanced level.