The Governing Body of Montbelle Primary School is inviting applications for the role of Learning Support Assistant with an interest in supporting children with ASD
Our vision is to ensure that every child will be safe, healthy, happy, creative and will have the personal confidence, skills and opportunity to contribute and develop themselves as a lifelong learner.
We are looking for a Learning Support Assistant to work as part of our whole school team to support all children to make good progress and achieve their best.
The role will include, but is not limited to, supporting teachers both in and out of the classroom environment, supporting children on a 1:1 basis within our well-resourced intervention space and supporting small groups of children in our playground bus club.
Candidates should have previous experience of working with primary-aged children gained mainly within a mainstream education or in a specialist provision.
We welcome applications from candidates who:
- Have NVQ Level 2 qualification (essential)
- Have good literacy and numeracy skills
- Have experience of working with children who have SEND (desirable)
- Have knowledge of ASD (desirable)
- Are able to prepare and teach effective interventions taking into account the individual needs of the learner and undertake observations relevant to the learning outcomes of any activity, assessment and record-keeping
- Have a professional manner
- Are enthusiastic and have a friendly approach
Part of your role will also be to ensure the physical welfare of the pupils and assist pupils with their physical needs as appropriate and agreed.
Montbelle Primary School is a popular school situated in the London Borough of Greenwich. We work closely with a number of other primary, secondary and special schools in Greenwich.
Our school has excellent resources, which include a well-equipped, light and airy building, amazing outdoor spaces including a Forest School, nature garden, allotment and a wide range of playground environments.
Our new Learning Support Assistant will join a forward facing school with a strong and supportive set of colleagues.
We would love to show you around our school and discuss this exciting role further, so please do email email@example.com to arrange a visit.
Interviews will take place as and when suitable candidates apply.