Parkside School was judged as a GOOD school by OFSTED in October 2016 and was also shortlisted for the following awards:
· The Telegraph & Argus Education Awards – in the category of School Improvement (Highly commended)
· Sky Sports Awards for education (Top 10 schools nationally)
Parkside is a rapidly improving school situated in a rural situation, close to Haworth, West Yorkshire, with good transport links to both Bradford and Leeds. It is a popular and oversubscribed 11 to 18 co-educational school with around 1100 students on role. Due to the improvements instigated over the last two/three years and also to address the increased need for provision in the community, from September 2017, the school will be engaging in an expansion programme. This will take the school to 210 students on entry, up from the current 180 and will increase the school in size to approximately 1275 (including sixth form) over the next 5 years.
OFSTED October 2016 commented:
“Senior leaders have been successful in improving the quality of teaching and pupils’ progress since the last inspection”
“The Headteacher and his senior team lead the school with energy, drive and determination…”
“The school’s work to promote pupils’ personal development and welfare is good…”
“…Parents agree that their children are safe”
“Relationships between staff and pupils are very positive and the school’s expectations of behaviour are high”
“Across a broad range of subjects, pupils currently in the school are making good progress from their starting points…”
“Teaching and Learning in the sixth form are good…”
We are seeking to appoint an ambitious, innovative, and motivated Teaching Assistant who feels they are able to make a real difference to the lives of the students here at Parkside School. The successful applicant will report directly to SENCO / Assistant SENCO and it is expected they will support the strategic direction and development of the faculty across all areas.
Experience and understanding of working with young people on the Autistic Spectrum is essential.
Proven experience in supporting students to raise their attainment is desirable.
You should be a good communicator and be able to work as part of a friendly and supportive staff team who are committed to supporting our students, enabling them to reach their full potential.
Flexibility, a sense of humour and initiative are all desirable qualities together with the ability to remain calm when working with demanding students in often stressful situations.
The successful applicant will be joining a department that is:
· Improving results and progress across all Key Stages;
· Worked strategically to enhance the progress of its students at all Key Stages;
· A dedicated team who are hardworking, enthusiastic and collaborative in their approach to working together;
· A supportive environment where staff development is an essential aspect of career development
We are seeking to appoint:
· A person with a passion for delivering inspiring and exciting lessons
· A candidate with high expectations of themselves and their students
· A dedicated colleague who is keen to make a significant contribution to raising the attainment and progress of their students further and to producing successful, independent learners for the future
· A person who is flexible / adaptable and can ‘react’ to ever changing day to day situations within a school environment
Visits are welcome and these can be arranged by contacting the Headteacher, Mr Andy Taylor, via his PA Mrs Jill Britton on email@example.com
If you are as excited by this challenge as we are and you think this might be the role for you, please apply by following the link below, having taken note of the attachments, by the closing date of Friday 8th December at 10:00 am.
Successful candidates will be contacted for interview, which will be undertaken W/C 11th December 2017
The School has adopted the principles of Safer Recruitment and will safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to do the same. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal records check via the Disclosure and Barring Service. Parkside School is an Equal Opportunities Employer