We wish to appoint two Learning Support Assistant who are passionate about supporting student learning. We are looking for a reliable, committed, enthusiastic individual, preferably with some experience of working as part of a school/educational environment.
The role requires providing support for an individual student in both academic and social aspects of learning. The role will also include responsibility for small group learning and promoting a purposeful and inclusive learning environment. Additionally, providing general assistance to the class teacher in the management and organisation of the students and classroom, preparation of resources as well as break time duties.
ISL Surrey Primary School is a culturally diverse community which fosters a passion and enthusiasm for learning. Our core values are: Diversity, Understanding, Identity and Passion. Students' cultural and linguistic identities are valued and nurtured through our international curriculum. We are committed to the growth and development of every child and respect and support their individual needs. We aim to help students develop the attitudes, skills and understanding needed for active and responsible contributions to both local and global communities.
We are looking for:
· Approachable and caring nature.
· High expectations for students and learning.
· High level of motivation with strong team work and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to communicate effectively with all students and staff.
· Commitment to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school.
· An enthusiastic, flexible and friendly approach.
· Experience working with children with additional needs, highly desirable.
· GCSEs, or equivalent, in English and Maths are essential.
We offer you:
· Enthusiastic and engaged students who love to learn
· An exciting, vibrant and welcoming atmosphere.
· A happy, caring school community and a staff team who are committed, compassionate and hardworking.
· A commitment to professional development for all staff.
For further information about the school, and to make an application please visit our website:
Submit a completed application form, a one page covering letter and up-to-date CV including contact details of two professional referees who have supervised your work.
For any further information about the post, please contact Julia Bradbury at: email@example.com
ISL Surrey Primary School is dedicated to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people, and expect all staff to share this commitment. Any offer to successful candidates will be conditional upon an Enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
Start date: August 2018
Contract type: Full time
Closing date for application: 17th July 2018 (ISL reserves the right to make an early appointment should an outstanding candidate be found)