We are seeking to recruit enthusiastic and dedicated Learning Support Assistants to support children across KS1 and KS2 at Windmill and Wheatfield Primary Schools.
32.5 hours per week, term time only plus 5 Inset days, 8.30am – 3.30pm Monday to Friday
Permanent and fixed-term contracts starting Tuesday 3rd September 2019
Pro rata salary is £12,695 pa based on £16,497 FTE (Pay award pending)
Windmill and Wheatfield schools are growing schools – we add a year group each September until we are full to capacity in September 2020.
We are currently seeking talented individuals who share our vision of high aspirations, outstanding achievement and passion for learning. We tailor learning for each child, providing full access to the curriculum.
The successful candidate will ideally have experience of delivering and assisting in the evaluation of agreed learning programmes and interventions.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the ability and skills to:
- develop positive relationships with children to enhance their learning and social skills
- explain tasks simply and clearly
- provide appropriate levels of attention, reassurance and support with learning tasks
- positively promote inclusion and have high expectations for all children
- work collaboratively with staff, both at school level and within the GLF Trust family of schools
We can offer you:
- a highly supportive, friendly team and a rewarding work environment
- well behaved, enthusiastic and motivated children
- excellent professional development opportunities to support your career pathway
- the opportunity to be part of a collaborative environment within GLF Schools
Applicants are encouraged to visit one or both of our schools; please contact either school office. Telephone Windmill: 0118 902 9123 Telephone Wheatfield: 0118 989 6950.
Closing date: Wednesday 26th June at 9.00am
Interviews: Monday 1st July 2019
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.