Vision for Education, the supply arm of TES, are looking to appoint a dynamic and passionate Learning Support Assistant to start in a Cambridge SEND School from September 2018. This is a long-term supply position and you will need to be Team Teach Trained.
As a Learning Support Assistant, you will be supporting children with a range of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), including Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities (PMLD), Severe Learning Disabilities/Difficulties (SLD), Social, Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties (SEBD), Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) Difficulties and/or Autism (ASD/ASC).
It is essential that you have a valid and in-date Team Teach Training Certificate for this position. You must also have a good understanding of de-escalation strategies and be confident in responding to behaviours that may be challenging.
Each day will be unique and different in this role. You will be expected to support children in specialist learning areas within the school, such as Sensory Rooms and Hydrotherapy Pools. The role will be spread across Key Stages and may involve you working within different classes if required. You will need to be pro-active within the classroom, have a genuine passion and willingness to join in with school activities and have energy and enthusiasm when supporting children and young people with their learning.
Ideally, you will:
· Have a Teaching Assistant Qualification or Equivalent (Level 2/3).
· Have experience supporting children and young people aged between 0-18 years old with SEND and Learning Difficulties.
· Have training and further qualifications in areas such as Moving and Handling, Autism Awareness and ADHD.
Previous Learning Support/Teaching Assistant/SEN Support experience is advantageous for this role, although this is not essential. This is because we are really looking for individuals who have the right attitude, desire and passion to support children and young people with Special Educational Needs. We also strongly encourage candidates to apply from a Support Worker, Personal Assistant and/or Career background within the SEND Sector.
In return for your hard work and expertise, you will be rewarded with:
· Excellent and transparent rates of pay.
· Consistent training courses such as Team Teach, Moving & Handling Autism Awareness and eLearning Courses by EduCare (paid for by Vision) to continue your Individual Professional Development.
· Generous Refer a Friend Scheme.
· Wages paid directly into your bank account every week via PAYE (not through an umbrella company)
· We are an agency that won't charge your school a fee should they wish to offer you a permanent contract; we won't stand in the way of your career.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and meet Vision for Education's stringent safeguarding checks for this position. We will also require you to hold a current DBS certificate (Child Workforce only) and it be registered on the Online Update Service. If your DBS is not registered online or you do not hold a DBS under Child Workforce, Vision will assist in your application.
If you feel you have the qualities we are looking for and you are looking for a position from September 2018, please apply for this position today. Alternatively, for an informal chat about this position, please call Vision for Education on 01733 371371 or email Lauren.Bates@visionforeducation.co.uk