Ambitious about AutismIsleworth
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
Start date: As soon as possible
Do you want to work in a supportive environment delivering exceptional support and education?
Ambitious College is an award-winning, Ofsted rated ‘Good' specialist further education provision for Autistic learners aged 16-25. Our mission is to make the ordinary possible for our learners, to support their wellbeing and independence so that when they leave our settings they have the opportunity to access employment, further education or training and to live as part of the communities of their choice.
Our college is growing and we are looking for a dynamic and confident Learning Support Co-ordinator to join our dedicated team based in Isleworth. You will work alongside a transdisciplinary team to support our learners to achieve outstanding outcomes.
As Learning Support Co-ordinator your responsibilities will include:
- Managing a team of Learning and Behaviour Specialists
- Ensuring the delivery of a high-quality service via person-centred programmes
- Maintaining excellent levels of care and support that follow agreed practices and protocols
- Working directly with our learners as well as providing ground support in a management capacity
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrable experience of supervising/mentoring staff in a service for people with autism, with the ability to lead, motivate and performance-manage effectively
- Experience of working directly with people with autism and a willingness to undertake direct care tasks, as well as participating in college and community-based sessions
- Knowledge of CQC regulation requirements and compliance, ideally with demonstrable experience of working in a CQC-registered service
- Experience of supporting people who can engage in a range of behaviours that challenge using a positive behaviour support approach
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills, with the ability to stay calm and focused and to build positive relationships with a range of stakeholders
- The commitment and flexibility to provide high-quality person-centred support
Why join us?
- Competitive annual salary paid over 52 weeks and excellent salary progression within the role.
- We are committed to CPD, where you can access a wide range of training and development opportunities support your personal and professionally development.
- Annual staff recognition awards.
- Cycle to work scheme up to £5000.
- Season ticket loans.
- A wide range of wellness programmes both in person and online including: virtual yoga & zumba classes, running club, art & cooking classes.
- Employee Assistance Programme, to help you balance your work, family, and personal life.
- Access to free of charge physiotherapy.
- On-site parking.
Closing date for applications: Friday 11th December 2020, 12 noon
Applicants informed of outcome of application: Friday 11th December 2020
Interviews dates: Monday 14th or Wednesday 16th December 2020
Start Date: ASAP
To find out more information, please find our recruitment pack attached, alternatively contact email@example.com for any further questions or queries.
Ambitious about Autism is fully committed to equality of opportunity and diversity and we warmly welcome applications from all suitably-qualified candidates. We welcome applications regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, disability, or age. All applications will be considered solely on merit.
Ambitious about Autism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.