We are recruiting for talented and enthusiastic Learning Support Mentors to join our supportive and friendly team from September 2018.
The successful candidates will work flexibly within the Student Support Department to meet a range of student needs and to assist the SENCo, SEND Manager and teaching staff in the support and integration of students with special educational needs and disabilities.
Each post is for 25 hours per week, term time only plus all INSET days. Hours of work are to be negotiated upon commencement. This is a fixed term contract until 31 August 2019.
Applicants must have a minimum of five GCSE passes at Grade C or above including English and Mathematics and have the flexibility to contribute to in-class support, small group work and one to one support of students with SEND.
Applications are invited from individuals who are currently either working as Learning Support Mentors/Teaching Assistants or exceptional candidates seeking the next step in their career. Applications are particularly welcomed from those considering a career in teaching and who are seeking to gain hands-on experience in an exceptional learning environment.
The successful candidate must demonstrate:
- Experience of individual or group work with children, young people and families;
- An understanding of child and family dynamics and child development;
- The ability to relate well to both children and adults;
- Emotional intelligence, self-motivation and the ability to work as part of a team.
In return, the successful candidates can expect:
- Outstanding professional support;
- A vibrant and dynamic student body that deserves the very best in teaching and support;
- Free on-site parking;
- Childcare Voucher Scheme;
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme;
- Employee Assistance Programme.
If you would like to be a part of this successful and thriving school and are a highly motivated individual, we would like to hear from you.
For an open conversation about the role and/or to arrange a visit prior to application, please contact the HR Manager, Mrs Jae Crowley on 01225 832873 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a suitable time.
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We follow safer recruitment practices and appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check. Details of our Child Protection Policy can be found on our website at www.st-gregorys.org.uk/useful-information/key-documents.