Fixed term, September 2018 – July 2019
TBAP Multi-Academy Trust has 3 regional hubs based in London, the East and North-West of England delivering high quality education and intervention through our Alternative Academies, SEMH Provision and outreach teams. Additionally, we have a Teaching School Alliance that offers extensive CPD and research programmes at all levels. TBAP Multi- Academy Trust are proud to hold a silver award from Investors in People.
TBAP New Horizons AP Academy is an alternative provision that provides full-time education and support for up to 56 primary and secondary learners who are not accessing mainstream school. We have an inclusive philosophy and believe passionately in giving every learner we meet many chances to succeed.
You will complement the professional work of teachers by taking responsibility for agreed learning activities under an agreed system of supervision, supported by direction from teaching staff and in line with TBAP policies and guidance. This may involve planning, preparing and delivering learning activities for individuals/groups or short-term for whole classes. It may also involve the monitoring of learners and assessment, recording and reporting on achievement, behaviour for learning, progress and development. At higher levels this will also involve the management and development of staff, responsibility for budgets and the management and delivery of specialist areas in TBAP. It will also involve the strategic support of mainstream schools with a particular focus on inclusion.
This specific role will be managing all aspects of the examinations system being the main point of contact between the school and the awarding bodies.
Duties will include:
- Act as the schools Examination Officer, responsible for the smooth running of public and internal examinations (including arranging mock exams), alongside training and managing the team of external exam invigilators.
- Training and managing the team of external exam invigilators.
- Effectively timetable all internal and external examinations, including booking rooms, seating, access arrangements in liaison with SENCO, resolving clashes and creating the annual timetable for all examinations.
- Responsible for the management and maintenance of the SIMS exams module.
- Receive, check and distribute examination entry statements to students, making and submitting any entries to the Boards.
- Responsible for the administration of exam results day, including the main August results day.
- Communicate relevant data information to candidates, parents, staff, SLT, dual schools.
- Act as conduit for supply of data between examination boards and subject leaders.
Do you have a passion for achieving the best possible outcomes for excluded learners and those with complex needs? Do you have an established track record of delivering excellence?
We are keen to interview candidates who possess our values of Compassion, Resilience and Innovation. If this is you - please visit our website www.tbap.org.uk for application documents and more information about TBAP Multi-Academy Trust.
For any queries please contact HR@tbap.org.uk or telephone 0203 3108 0345.
Closing date for receipt of applications: Wednesday 20 June 2018
Interviews will be confirmed to shortlisted candidates.
The TBAP Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be requested for the successful candidate in accordance with Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education legislation.