TBAP Trust Benefits package includes:
• Benenden Health Care Membership
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan Scheme
• Employers for Childcare Vouchers Scheme
TBAP Multi-Academy Trust has 3 regional hubs based in London, the East and North-West of England delivering high quality education and intervention through our Alternative Academies, SEMH Provision and outreach teams. Additionally, we have a Teaching School Alliance that offers extensive CPD and research programmes at all levels. TBAP Multi- Academy Trust are proud to hold a silver award from Investors in People.
TBAP 16-19 Academic AP Academy is proud to be the first ever alternative provision to be accredited as an IB World School. These are schools that share a common philosophy – a commitment to high quality, challenging, international education that TBAP 16-19 Academic AP Academy believes is important for our students. Each young person at the TBAP 16-19 Academic AP Academy receives a personalised mentoring program, tailored to their needs. Coupled with an extended school day, with supported after-school study sessions running until 5pm, the support offered by our school enables young people to achieve their full academic potential.
Main Purpose of the job
To complement the professional work of teachers by taking responsibility for agreed learning activities under an agreed system of supervision, supported by direction from teaching staff and in line with TBAP policies and guidance. This may involve planning, preparing and delivering learning activities for individuals/ groups or short-term for whole classes.
• Work alongside schools, learners and families in the early identification of learners at risk from exclusion. Developing appropriate intervention packages to prevent exclusion
• Establish productive working relationships with learners and their families to provide advice, training and guidance as required in school and home settings
• Develop and implement IEPs • Encourage learners to interact and work co-operatively with others and engage all learners in activities
Support for Teachers
• Organise and manage appropriate learning environments and resources
• Monitor and evaluate learner responses to learning activities through a range of assessment and monitoring strategies against pre-determined learning objectives
• Provide objective and accurate feedback and reports as required on learner achievement, progress and other matters, ensuring the availability of appropriate evidence
• Record progress and achievement in lessons/activities systematically and providing evidence of range and level of progress and attainment
• Support or deliver learning activities within an agreed system of supervision, adjusting activities according to learner responses/ needs
• Deliver learning interventions as required e.g. literacy, circle of friends, anger management and circle time
• Use ICT effectively to support learning activities and develop learners’ competence and independence in its use
Support for Schools & Partner Institutions
• Comply with and assist with the development of company policies and procedures.
• Deliver out of school learning activities within TBAP guidelines
• To promote the protection and safeguarding of learners through the active implementation of relevant school policies and procedures with particular reference to: child protection policy, safe touch policy, positive behaviour policy and the staff code of conduct, and to raise any concerns relating to such procedures which may be noted during the course of duty.
You will be required to have a valid Enhanced DBS disclosure
If you have the skills and experience required for this job and share our vision and our values of Compassion, Resilience, and Innovation, please download and complete the application pack found on our website http://www.tbap.org.uk/vacancies/index.php
Interview date: 18th/19th October 2017
The TBAP Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be requested for the successful candidate in accordance with Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education legislation.