Al Khor International School is one of the largest international schools in the Middle East with more than 4,000 students. We are owned by Qatargas, the world’s largest producers of liquefied natural gas. The school has exceptional facilities and is located in Al Khor Community, 40 minutes north of Qatar’s capital city Doha.
As a member of the learning support team in the British Senior School, the successful candidate will act as key worker for students with diverse needs, coordinate their support, advocate for their needs, deliver personalised interventions and teaching, and work closely with colleagues to promote inclusion.
Key priorities of the role include:
- To support the quality of teaching and learning for students with special educational needs, and those with English is an additional language, in mainstream classes and/or during support lessons
- To provide behavioural and learning support to students with diverse needs
- To work closely with mainstream teachers to increase understanding of SEN and EAL issues, and methodology.
The successful candidate must be a qualified teacher with prior experience or specialist training in special needs education. It would be desirable to be fluent in Arabic and have experience of SEN assessment.
- Qualified teacher status DFE registered
- Degree level qualification
- Experience working across SEN & EAL
- Effective communicator
- Possess excellent people skills
- Ability to think strategically
- Have the ability to present ideas and strategy to management.
This is a great opportunity to join an international school that is building on its already successful results and reputation, and is committed to becoming an outstanding school and centre of excellence in the region.
What we offer
Our excellent compensation package includes:
- Tax-free salary
- Free accommodation or allowance
- Baggage allowance
- Furniture allowance
- Airfare allowance
- Free club, swimming pool and gymnasium access
- Free education for up to four children
- End of service gratuity
Al Khor International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Appointments are made subject to appropriate vetting procedures, including references and police checks.
To apply please send a completed application form, cover letter and CV to email@example.com.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 03 August 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.