Smart Teachers is recruiting for an experienced Learning Support Teacher to join the Middle School team in this International School for a maternity cover contract beginning January 2020-end June 2020. This is an interesting and varied role, delivering intervention lessons to KS2 and KS3 pupils as well as liaising with outside professionals to coordinate services and therapies, update records related to student accommodations and progress, and communicate this progress to families. If you have a relevant SEN teaching qualification or similar experience in the classroom, please apply.
About the Role
• Learning Support Teacher
• Delivering intervention lessons to small groups of Year 6-9 students with identified learning needs
• Temporary fixed term
• 30-40K depending on experience
About the School
• International School teaching MYP and IB curriculum catering for students aged 4-18
• Enquiry based learning with technology in the classroom
• Set in beautiful green campus a bus ride from tube line in NW London with impressive facilities
In order to be considered for this role, the Learning Support Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or International equivalent, SEN qualification preferred
• Proven experience teaching students with a variety of learning needs in the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
• NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers are welcome to apply
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number SXT1911LSTHIS.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.