Al Khor International School is one of the largest international schools in the Middle East with more than 4,000 students. We are owned by Qatargas, the world’s largest producers of liquefied natural gas. The school has exceptional facilities and is located in Al Khor Community, 40 minutes north of Qatar’s capital city Doha.
As a member of the learning support team in the British Curriculum and CBSE School, the successful candidate will act as key worker, will work within the Learning Support Team to support students with diverse needs by coordinating their support, advocating for their needs, delivering personalised interventions and teaching, and working closely with colleagues and parents to promote inclusion to help students reach their potential.
Key priorities of the role include:
• To support the quality of teaching and learning for students with special educational needs, and those with English is an Additional Language, in mainstream classes and/or during support lessons
• To provide learning support to students with diverse needs
• To work closely with mainstream teachers to increase understanding of SEN and EAL issues, and methodology and advocate for developmentally appropriate approaches.
The successful candidate must be a qualified teacher with prior experience or specialist training in special needs education. Knowledge of language development, specialism in promoting literacy, fluency in spoken Arabic and experience of SEN assessment up to CL2 are desirable but not essential.
• Qualified teacher status (QTS) DFE registerered
• Bachelor degree in Education or equivalent
• Experience working across SEN & EAL
• Minimum 2 years teaching experience in similar role - SEN & EAL
• Recent experience of the English national curriculum from the UK or a reputable international school is essential
• Effective communicator
• Possess excellent people skills
• Flexible, collegiate and collaborative
• Ability to think strategically
• Have the ability to present ideas and strategy to management.
This is a great opportunity to join an international school that is building on its already successful results and reputation, and is committed to becoming an outstanding school and centre of excellence in the region.
Compensation and Benefits:
Our excellent compensation package includes:
• A highly competitive tax free salary based on years of experience.
• Access to excellent leisure clubs, including restaurants, swimming pools, gymnasiums, squash and tennis courts, running track and playing fields.
• End of service benefits.
• High quality Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
• Housing allowance or free accommodation.
• Furniture allowance
• Economy airfare at the beginning and end of the contract.
• Annual economy round-trip air fare paid as a flexible cash allowance to point of origin based on peak summer time fares.
• Reimbursement of local medical expenses.
• Contribution towards excess baggage expenses.
• Beautiful weather and year round sunshine!
Al Khor International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Appointments are made subject to appropriate vetting procedures, including references and police checks.
Recruitment Requirements: As part of the recruitment process, you will be required to submit fully notarized and attested academic degrees, teaching certificates, transcripts as well as criminal background checks.
Please note that due to government requirements we can only consider applicants who are below 50 years old.
How to Apply
To apply please send the following to email@example.com
• Completed AKIS application form
• Details of at least three referees, including their names, positions, current email addresses and phone number. One of your referees must be from your present school or employer. Referees should be your direct line manager.
The deadline for receipt of application 31 August 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.