BOORAGUL St Paul's Catholic College
Vacancy TypeTemporary Part Time
St Paul’s Catholic College, Booragul is seeking a part-time (0.6) Temporary Learning Support Teacher for the 2020 school year!
The Learning Support Teacher will have responsibility for supporting the Learning Support Coordinator in the management of special needs focus programs, assistance to teachers with curriculum differentiation, supervision of support personnel as appropriate; and be able to assist schools in their professional development needs.
The Learning Support Teacher is responsible to the Principal.
St Paul's Catholic College offers an inclusive, welcoming and comfortable environment. The calm, nurturing setting has been designed to allow students and staff to feel at home in developing their varied capacities and skills. The growth of the students is nurtured and encouraged by a supportive faculty through the provision of creative freedom, empowerment of the individual and opportunities for prayer and reflection. The curriculum, both formal and informal, focuses on spiritual growth and reflects a respect for the diversity of all 950 students, their differing levels of abilities, strengths, weaknesses and gifts.
• A relevant understanding of the philosophy of Catholic Education.
• The Learning Support Teacher works under the direction of the Learning Support Coordinator.
• Assisting with the initial identification of students with special educational needs;
• Working collaboratively with the principal, learning support coordinator, class teachers, parents and students to develop appropriate assessment strategies, identify resources and implement effective strategies to create learning and social opportunities for students with special education needs;
• Liaising with the relevant schools particularly in relation to transition periods;
• Collaboratively designing, implementing, modifying and evaluating individual Education Programs (IEPs) with class teachers and other relevant people;
• Working collaboratively with and overseeing the work of other learning support personnel;
• Contributing to the preparation of documentation required under legislation in line with privacy and confidentiality obligations, for example, student files;
• Assisting in the preparation of funding submissions;
• Contributing to the provision of staff professional development and parent education programs.
• appropriate experience and/or qualifications in Special Education
• have had teaching experience in a Secondary School
• Qualifications as a four year trained teacher;
• Current NESA Accreditation and Paid Working With Children Check (WWCC);
Conditions of EmploymentSalary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.
Monday 09 December, 2019
InstructionsForward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
By email (preferred):
St Paul's Catholic College
PO Box 194
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
• a corporate fitness program;
• employee assistance program (EAP);
• paid parental leave;
• training and staff development programs;
• access to long service leave after just five years;
• opportunity for leasing motor vehicles; and
• 9.5 per cent superannuation.
Please provide your resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria directly to Principal – Graeme Selmes: email@example.com
Applications close: Monday 9th December 2019 3.00pm
*Please note, not adequately addressing the selection criteria may result in your application not being shortlisted*