|Location||CHISHOLM St Bede's Catholic College|
|Vacancy Type||Temporary Full Time|
|Description||St Bede’s Catholic College is seeking a temporary full time Learning Support Teacher to join its staff for Term 1 2021.
St Bede’s Catholic College, in the recently-established suburb of Chisholm, is a new co-educational Catholic secondary school that is part of the Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle. The College opened in 2018 and will eventually cater for 1,100 students in Years 7 to 12. In 2021 the College will have approximately 540 Year 7-10 students, with the first Year 12 cohort to graduate in 2023.
The key components that drive the development of the school are Courage, Knowledge, Community and Faith. These components align to the four domains of the College’s Strategic Plan – Catholic Formation and Mission, Learning and Teaching, Leadership, Wellbeing and Partnerships.
|Position Requirements||Teachers in a Catholic school have a unique role to play and are assigned with the task of ensuring each child has the opportunity to grow both academically and spiritually and to live purposeful lives.
The Learning Support Teacher will be responsible for:
• Assisting with the initial identification of students with special educational needs;
• Working collaboratively with the Principal, Learning Support Coordinator, class teachers, parents and students to develop appropriate assessment strategies, identify resources and implement effective strategies to create learning and social opportunities for students with special education needs;
• Liaising with the relevant schools particularly in relation to transition periods;
• Collaboratively designing, implementing, modifying and evaluating Individual Personalised Plans (IPPs) with class teachers and other relevant people;
• Contributing to the preparation of documentation required under legislation in line with privacy and confidentiality obligations, for example, student files;
• Assisting in the preparation of funding submissions;
• Contributing to the provision of staff professional development and parent education programs.
|Essential Criteria||• Ability to articulate a clear understanding of and a personal commitment to Catholic Education and to actively support the Catholic ethos and culture of the school;
• Appropriate qualifications and experience teaching within a learning support environment or special education environment in a secondary context;
• Ability to articulate a clear understanding of and a personal commitment to Catholic Education and to actively supporting the Catholic ethos and culture of the school
• Demonstrated appropriate experience and/or qualification in Special Education.
• Ability to apply appropriate knowledge in order to plan and prepare contemporary and compliant teaching and learning programs in your nominated areas which meet the diverse characteristics, needs and learning styles of students; and encourage them to work towards attaintment of their potential
• Demonstrated experience developing appropriate assessment strategies, identifying resources and implementing effective strategies to create learning and social opportunities for students with special education needs;
• Demonstrated experience designing, implementing, modifying and evaluating IPPs with class teachers and other relevant people;
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with school staff and members of the wider community in order to establish productive partnerships and achieve educational outcomes;
• Demonstrated understanding of the NCCD;
• Demonstrated understanding of Life Skills Outcomes and Content.
The applicant must provide evidence of the following:
• Qualifications as a four year trained teacher;
• Current NESA Accreditation;
• Current Paid Working with Children Check (WWCC)number;
• Completion of Anaphylaxis training.
|Conditions of Employment||Salary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.|
|Applications Close||Friday 15 January, 2021|
|Instructions||Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.|
|John Murphy (firstname.lastname@example.org)||4088 8222|
By email (preferred):
|Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info||• To Apply:
Please provide a cover letter (maximum 3 pages) addressing the selection criteria along with your resume addressed to the Principal, John Murphy, via an email to Joanne West at email@example.com
• Please note that there is also the option of expressing your interest in being appointed Acting Learning Support Coordinator for this term. The College will be advertising mid-Term 1 for a Permanent Learning Support Coordinator to commence in Term 2, 2021.
• Applicants should nominate at least two (2) referees two of whom must be the person's current Principal and previous Supervisor. If you are not currently working in a school, please provide your previous Supervisor/Principal. Please ensure you provide out of hours contact details for your referees also, not providing these details can delay the recruitment process. Not adequately addressing the selection criteria may result in your application not being shortlisted.
• Applications close: Friday 15th January, 2021. 3.00pm
Catholic Schools Office Maitland- Newcastle