The International School of The Hague is a highly successful, innovative and energetic semi-private school located on the edge of the city of The Hague, near Kijkduin.
The entire school currently has over 2000 students and hosts over 101 nationalities with teachers from around the world. The school is divided into Primary and Secondary with a Principal for each section.
The Primary School was established in 2003 and became the first school in the world to be accredited at “Mastering” level by the International Primary Curriculum (IPC). The Primary School was also the first international school in The Netherlands to receive the Excellente School status from the Dutch Inspection of Education. We now have more than 600 pupils on roll.
We currently have a vacancy for:
• Learning Support Teacher (1 FTE- 40 hours)
• Starting Date August 2020
The successful candidate will join our dynamic team to support the learning of children who require specific learning support in different areas (curricular and behaviour). Relevant experience and qualifications in the teaching of Learning Support students are essential. Candidates will also need to hold a valid Primary teaching license and will be eligible to work and have a residence in the European Union. The support either takes place within the classroom or in small withdrawal groups.
The position is based on the Dutch collective labor agreement (CAO PO) for primary education, Scale L10. Scaling will take place depending on relevant background and experience. The contract offered to the successful applicant will be for one year. After one year, a permanent contact will be offered after obtaining a Dutch teaching qualification and a good performance. The maximum L10 scale is 15 and this is gross EUR 4.113,- per month based on a full time FTE.
The successful applicant:
• has a Bachelor's Degree in Primary Education or PGCE plus QTS and induction certificate (or equivalent);
• has qualifications, experience with or knowledge of Special Needs eg dyslexia, dyscalculia, ADHD, Autism Spectrum
• the ability to fluently communicate in English and Dutch is preferred;
• has experience with teaching children from the age of 4 - 12 years old;
• is able to develop and adapt lesson plans to meet the changing needs of the children;
• is flexible, and has good time management and is capable of dealing with the varied aspects of the job.
If you are internationally-minded, permitted to work in the European Union and have the desire to help shape the exciting future of our school, we would love to hear from you.
The deadline for applications is: January 31, 2020. Interviews will take place soon thereafter.
If you have not heard from us by February 29, 2020 then please assume that, on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful.
The Rijnlands Lyceum Recruitment Code and VOG procedure are applicable and can be obtained via our Rijnlands website. Agency calls regarding to this advertisement are not appreciated.