(Term time & Part time)
Priory Coleg North Wales, Ty Dewi Sant, Rhosddu Road, Wrexham LL11 0ZX
Hours: 32 hours per week
Priory Education and Children’s Services is a leading company in the UK offering independent behavioural care for commissioners across the UK.
With over 100 high quality schools, colleges and homes we focus on making a real and lasting difference for everyone we support.
Priory College North Wales is a specialist further education college for learners aged 16-25 with Autistic Spectrum Conditions, Asperger Syndrome and associated conditions. Priory College North Wales works in partnership with College Cambria to deliver mainstream education with tailored support in education, independence and communication skills.
We are currently recruiting for a proactive and enthusiastic individual to work as part of our learner support team.
- As a Learner Support Worker you will work 1:1 with learners in a college environment.
- Support with independence and employability skills.
- Work closely with the College tutors supporting the student achieve their highest potential.
- For this role you must flexible and quick to think on your feet as the role is based around learner’s timetable.
- For this role you must have achieved, or are prepared to work towards, an NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care/children and young person’s/ Equivalent.
- You must have experience of working within the educational/care environment.
- You must have experience of working with challenging behaviour.
- Preferably you must have experience working with young people with special educational needs and Autism.
- A knowledge of Welsh language is also desirable but not essential.
- Staff may be required to work outside term time if training is required.
What we’d like to give you:
- 33 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Priory Group Pension
- Travel Insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Dental Insurance
- Reduced price Gym membership
- Gourmet Society Card
- Healthcare cash plan
- Online benefits portal and high street store cash back rewards
Priory Group Career Pathways - build your skills and plan for your future career with on-going training supported.
The successful candidate will be required to apply for a disclosure at the enhanced level from the Disclosure and Barring Service. Further information can be obtained from www.gov.uk/dbs .
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all our employees to share in this commitment.
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, for all of our services we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults. Please be advised that references will be requested prior to interview for all roles within our schools.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
Priory Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Education and Children's services will cover the cost of a DBS.