To take an active role in the delivery of quality programmes within the Curriculum area.
1. To teach on a wide range of full and part-time courses, in line with the college and curriculum area specifications.
2. To contribute to the planning, monitoring and evaluation of the curriculum in the school
3. To prepare and mark assessments as required within the range of programmes timetabled
4. To promote and participate in the delivery of Basic / Key Skills
5. To be responsible for the continuous improvement in attendance, punctuality, retention and achievement of students in designated teaching groups.
6. To produce full, considered and timely reports and references on students
7. To participate in student interviews, enrolment and induction, open days and other liaison activities.
8. To work co-operatively within a team and attend all team meetings
9. To fully participate in the college’s ILT strategy including contributing to the upkeep of the section’s intranet site
10. To adopt fully all curriculum initiatives adopted by the curriculum area
11. To maintain comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of specialist areas
12. To maintain current and appropriate resources for all course units taught including Schemes of Work, Lesson Plans, and suitable teaching materials ensuring differentiated learning opportunities are in place
13. To contribute to the total learning experience of students within the curriculum area
14. To ensure the application of Inclusive Learning in all areas of activity
15. Ensure continuous development and improvement of professional knowledge.
16. Any other duties of a similar level of responsibility as may be required.
The ideal candidate will have experience of delivering on programmes ranging from Entry 3 to Higher Education for City and Guilds and BTEC, you should be an excellent classroom practitioner and have up to date industry knowledge that can be used to enhance your delivery and provide realistic work related experiences for learners. This is the opportunity to join the team as we progress to becoming an outstanding provider of Animal Care education and you will have access to some of the most impressive and up to date facilities in the area.
Closing Date: 27th October 2017