£20,950 - £32,241 pro rata (dependent upon qualifications)
The post holder will teach students on a range of courses offered within the FE Animal management and veterinary nursing area, liaising with the other staff, course team and the Assistant Principal for the area. Experience in Animal Nursing would be desirable but not essential.
The post holder will undertake teaching on a range of subjects within the animal management curriculum of a primarily theoretical nature with occasional practical instruction, demonstration, portfolio building, life skills development and the other appropriate work relating to students’ learning programmes.
The post holder will have a suitable Animal Management or related subject qualification such as a Higher National Diploma or Honours Degree in Animal Management or a related subject, and is experienced with learners from 16 years of age. Experience of dealing with young people and the challenges they bring would be advantageous. The successful candidate will preferably have teaching experience, and must have relevant animal related industrial experience, and be able to demonstrate competent handling of a wide range of animals and hold or be willing to attain a recognised teaching qualification including the A1 Assessors Award.
If applying on a part-time basis, please outline your preferred working pattern in your personal statement.
This role will be based at the Sparsholt campus.
Closing Date: 11 November 2019
• Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Death benefit grant of 3 X salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on- site parking
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Flexible Working Policy
• Holiday entitlement of 42 days plus bank holidays (pro-rated for part-time staff)
• Access to an Employee Assistance Scheme
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per year)
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish and game
• Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications.
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider