If you hold a degree in Sport or related discipline, as well as an Assessor Award, we have a great part-time opportunity for you.
This post is fixed term until 6 July 2018.
Hours are 6 per week (Tuesday 1800 – 2100 plus flexibility with assessing)
- £3,935 - £4,172 per annum (actual salary for 6 hours per week) (Unqualified)
- £4,297 - £4,980 per annum (actual salary for 6 hours per week) (Qualified)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Lecturer/Assessor for Sport and Fitness to join Wakefield College.
This role will involve teaching the Level 1 award in Fitness and Physical Activity and the Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym) evening courses. You will also assess and internally verify candidates in their place of work and College to meet National Occupational Standards within the Sports apprenticeship standards.
As a Lecturer/Assessor for Sport & Fitness, you should:
- Hold a degree in Sport (or other related discipline)
- Hold D32/D33, TAQA or A1 Assessor award
- Have GCSE A* - C in Maths and English qualifications or equivalent
- Have experience of working with 16-18 year olds, ideally in an assessing capacity and have experience of teaching Sport
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to plan, deliver, assess and evaluate teaching and learning activities effectively
- Knowledge of the principles of teaching, learning and assessment
- Excellent time management skills, organisational skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Child Care Vouchers
- Generous Annual Leave
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training & Development
See what we have to offer and come join us. You won’t be disappointed.
For more information about Wakefield College and the opportunity to apply, please click the Apply button and you will be redirected to our college website.
Closing date: 11am, on Friday 17 November 2017
Transforming lives through learning…
…by enabling young people. Adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhance Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.