Lecturer – Brickwork
Salary: Up to £34,775 per annum depending on experience
Closing Date: Thursday 29th August 2019
Interview Date: TBC
Accrington and Rossendale College are looking for a talented and student focused Lecturer –Brickwork to join the construction team on a permanent basis, applications will be considered on a part-time or full-time basis (working between 17.5 and 35 hours per week).
Accrington and Rossendale College is an award winning provider of Further Education, Higher Education & Work Based Training; we offer quality education and training to the people of Hyndburn, Rossendale & beyond. We currently offer Vocational and Apprenticeship programmes, at different levels, in 11 subject areas including Hospitality and Catering, Motor Vehicle Engineering and Construction and Building Trades. Part of Nelson and Colne College (Ofsted Outstanding), Accrington and Rossendale College offer a fantastic benefits package including a generous occupational pension scheme and access to continued professional development.
The successful candidate will teach on a range of programmes within the College’s Brickwork provision.
Main duties include:
• Be up to date, plan and prepare and high quality teaching as required by your Line Manager to the appropriate number of hours (810 hrs or pro rata per annum)
• Develop and share resources for the course/subject including maintaining effective links across College for resources
• Deliver enrichment and enhancement activities
• Maintain comprehensive, up to date, student/course/subject records and provide information, as requested
• Be responsible for the appropriate administration of exam entries for the course/subject and liaise with external awarding bodies, as appropriate
The ideal candidate will have:
• Qualified to a minimum level 3 (or equivalent) in a relevant subject.
• Recognised teaching qualification or a willingness to achieve this within three years of appointment
• Strong Brickwork and GCO s background.
• Experience of teaching BTEC Level 3 Construction
• Successful teaching and assessing experience in a relevant subject area
• Knowledge of and proven ability to deliver the curriculum successfully
For a full job description and person specification please visit our website.
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this post and would like to find out more, please visit our website and complete an online application form.
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.