Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
In November 2016 Newcastle-under-Lyme College merged with Stafford College to form the Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group. The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. We have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers. Our Sixth Form provision has a reputation for high academic achievement and excellence.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, suitably qualified individual with relevant experience to teach A Level Psychology with A Level Sociology as a second subject.
You will be an inspiring lecturer with a background in Psychology and Sociology and the ability to deliver varied, high quality and imaginative sessions and have a record of good achievement rates.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Play an active role in the marketing of the College and the Department through such activities as open days and through liaison with local employers and schools.
- Act as Personal Tutor to groups of students and undertake the duties associated with this pastoral role.
- Engage in core duties including preparation, marking, monitoring student progress, preparing reports, setting and marking of examination papers, developing and preparing flexible learning materials, writing schemes of work and mentoring.
- Monitor retention, achievement and pass rates.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Holds a degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
- Has an appropriate teaching qualification.
- Is well organised and able to manage the peaks and troughs of a varied workload.
- Has experience in the delivery of A level Psychology and Sociology
What’s in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 37 Days Annual Leave per year (plus bank holidays and Christmas closure period)
How to apply
To apply for the role of Lecturer in Psychology & Sociology, please go to www.nulc.ac.uk/jobs and select ‘Apply’ to complete an online application form.
The closing date for completed applications is 25 th May 2018 with Interviews to be held on 4 th June 2018.
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.