Hours of work: 15 hours per week initially
We have an exciting opportunity for a Lecturer to teach A Level Computer Science to year 12 and year 13 students in the Wakefield College Sixth Form. As a member of the Sixth Form, you would be joining a team of professional, dedicated and experienced A level teachers in a positive and supportive environment, where staff enjoy a good sense of camaraderie and have high expectations of themselves and their students.
As a Lecturer in Computer Science, you will contribute to the provision of an excellent learner experience to students on those courses, including retention of the students and the achievement of their qualifications.
This position does require expertise in Computer Science, particularly programming and networking, so we would encourage you to look through the AQA A level Computer Science specification to see the detailed requirements and decide if your skills match the content http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/computer-science-and-it/as-and-a-level/computer-science-7516-7517/subject-content-a-level
As a Lecturer in Computer Science, you should have:
· A degree in Computer Science, Computing (or other related discipline)
· GCSE A* - C in Maths and English qualifications or equivalent (new grading 9-4)
· Experience of teaching Computer Science, Computing, Programming, networking, databases, software development or similar
You should also be able to demonstrate:
· An up-to-date knowledge of the relevant curriculum – specifically the A level Computer Science specification
· A good knowledge and understanding of programming, networking, databases, software development and similar
· Working knowledge and ability to use C# or Java programming languages (or possibly VB.net or Python)
· Child Care Vouchers
· Generous Annual Leave
· Discounted Metro Card Scheme
· Good Pension Scheme
· Excellent Training & Development
Closing date: 11.00am on Tuesday 8 May 2018
Provisional interview date: Thursday 17 May 2018
See what we have to offer and come and join us. For further details, please refer to the job description and person specification above.
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.
For more information about Wakefield College and the opportunity to apply, please visit our website via the apply button.