Gloucestershire College has an exciting opening for an experienced Lecturer in Computing – Higher Education to join our growing Computing department based at our Cheltenham Campus.
Are you passionate about computing, Cyber security, software and web app development and learning? Then this is a fantastic opportunity to join a thriving team and inspire the next generation of Cyber security analysts or software developers. As well as playing an essential role in building the computing careers of our students, you can improve your own knowledge through our wide range of learning and development opportunities.
The purpose of this role is to deliver BTEC qualifications HNC/D and degree level. As well as playing an essential role in building the computing careers of our students, you can improve your own knowledge through our wide range of learning and development opportunities.
Please review the Job Description to find out more about this role and apply online to join our team.
As a Lecturer in Computing – HE, you will:
• Deliver BTEC qualifications HNC/D and degree level
• Ensure that learners understand, are involved and share in responsibility for assessment of their learning
• Use opportunities to highlight the potential for learning to positively transform lives and contribute to effective citizenship identifying the transferable skills they are developing, and how these might relate to employment opportunities
• Provide learners with appropriate information about the organisation and its facilities, and encourage learners to use the organisation’s services, as appropriate.
Skills and Experience:
• Experience of teaching BTEC relevant subject at different levels
• Degree or equivalent qualification in relevant subject
• Knowledge of own specialist area is current and appropriate to the teaching context
• PGCE, DTTLS or Certificate in Education (or willingness to complete).
• Experience of teaching HNC/ HND and degree level in relevant subject
A career with us means much more than just a salary - we know that our people are our greatest asset. Working with committed colleagues, we also offer an attractive benefits package.
- Further Education
- Students of age 16+ years