Job Reference: AUG20194321
Would you like to be part of a determined, progressive and ambitious college who strives to deliver an outstanding experience for its learners? Then come and join the Construction Team at Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, suitably qualified individual to teach on the Level 2 & 3 Electrical Installation qualifications along with a range of part time courses including 18th Edition, Inspection and testing and PAT Testing. The department also delivers specialist short courses to industry.
Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. We have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To teach Electrical Installation and related units across the full range of the Centre’s provision.
- To teach other specialist subjects for which you are qualified and which are appropriate.
- Engage in core duties including preparation, marking, monitoring student progress, preparing reports, setting and marking of examination papers, developing and preparing flexible learning materials.
- To act as a personal tutor or course tutor to a group of students and undertake the duties associated with this pastoral.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Has a level 3 (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline and 17th Edition Inspection & Testing.
- Has or is willing to study for a relevant teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE or equivalent).
- Has industry experience in Electrical Installation, with current knowledge and the ability to deliver to industry standard.
- Is well organised and able to manage the peaks and troughs of a varied workload.
- Able to communicate effectively with students and peers.
What’s in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Golden hello payment of up to £5,000
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 37 days annual leave (plus bank holidays and Christmas closure period)
How to apply
To apply for the role of Lecturer in Electrical Installation, please click ‘Apply Now’ to complete an online application form.
(If you are applying via a jobs board, you will receive an e-mail and link that will take you directly to our application form on the Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group website).
The closing date for completed applications is 15th September 2019
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.