Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
In November 2016 Newcastle-under-Lyme College merged with Stafford College to form the Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group. The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. We have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers.
This is an exciting time to join an already highly successful Engineering and Advanced Manufacturing provision with significant links to industry with a state of the art STEM facility and an established reputation for excellence across Staffordshire and beyond. We are looking to further strengthen our already highly successful teams across both campuses with Lecturers in Engineering and at Stafford, we are looking for a dynamic and innovative Curriculum Leader with the drive and determination to lead the team and significantly grow the provision.
Ideal candidates will be educated to level 5 in an engineering and/or advanced manufacturing discipline. Preferably you will have a teaching qualification, assessor and verifier awards and will have in-depth knowledge of delivering BTEC vocational qualifications with experience of delivering on Higher Education/HNC programmes.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver lively and interactive teaching, learning and assessment to an outstanding standard on a range of programmes as appropriate
- Secure outstanding success for all learners and ensure targets for recruitment, retention, achievement and success, attendance and progression are met
- Act as a Personal Tutor and ensure that all learners are supported by planning for individual learning, target setting, progress monitoring and referral to sources of support, advice and guidance as appropriate
Required Skills and Experience:
-Have a Level 3 qualification or equivalent in an Engineering or related vocational subject
- Have or be willing to undertake any relevant teaching and training qualification (DET/CTLLS/ DTLLS/PGCE/TAQA or equivalent)
What’s in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Teacher’s Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 37 Days annual leave (plus a 2 week Christmas closure period)
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
How to apply
To apply for either role of Curriculum Leader or Lecturer in Engineering, please click on ‘Apply’ and complete an online application form.
The closing date for completed applications is 27 th May 2018.