Job Reference: DEC20189339
Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
In November 2016 Newcastle-under-Lyme College merged with Stafford College to form the Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group. The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. We have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers. Our Sixth Form provision has a reputation for high academic achievement and excellence.
Based in our Faculty of Academic & Creative Studies, we are looking for an enthusiastic and suitably qualified individual to teach Games Design. As well as being an inspiring lecturer with the ability to enable all learners to reach their true potential, you will have experience of working with 2D & 3D animation, gaming engines and 3D modelling. An appropriate subject qualification to degree level is also essential, along with a Level 5 teaching qualification or willingness to obtain one.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To teach Games Design across the Colleges current BTEC Level 3 provision.
- Play an active role in the marketing of the College and the Department through such activities as open days and through liaison with local employers and schools.
- To act as a personal tutor and undertake the duties associated with this pastoral role.
- Undertake the normal administrative duties required of lecturers including assistance with enrolment, induction and providing management information as required.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Teaching qualification (PGCE or DTTLS) or willingness to obtain one.
- A first degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
- Is proficient in the use of:
-3D / 2D Animation
-Gaming engines (Unreal and/or Unity)
- Has good figurative drawing skills
- Is well organised and able to manage the peaks and troughs of a varied workload.
- Ideally has relevant teaching experience within the FE sector.
What’s in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 37 Days annual leave (plus a 2 week Christmas closure period)
How to apply
To apply for the role of Lecturer in Games Design, please go to our website and click 'apply now' to complete an online application form.
The closing date for completed applications is 6 January 2019.
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.