Salary: £24,452 - £36,890 (per annum)
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week
Location: Crewe Campus
We are seeking a Lecturer in Health (Clinical) / Health & Social Care to join our team at our Crewe Campus.
This is an excellent opportunity for an innovative and inspiring Lecturer to provide learners with an outstanding learning experience. Part of your teaching timetable will involve the new T Level in Health. We are looking for individuals who have a range of clinical experience including but not limited to Adult Nursing and Midwifery. This is a great opportunity whether you are experienced in Further Education or aspiring to become a Lecturer.
• Prepare and teach on a range of Health / Health & Social Care courses;
• Contribute to aspirational teaching, learning and assessment; and
• Keep accurate records for learners’ progress in College and the workplace.
Key Person Specification Requirements:
• Degree (or equivalent) in relevant discipline;
• Assessor/Verifier Qualification or commitment to work towards;
• PGCE or commitment to work towards;
• Strong clinical background with experience in either nursing or midwifery would be an advantage;
• Experience of working with NCFE CACHE would be desirable
• Understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion in work and the learning environment;
• Up-to-date occupational experience; and
• Enhanced DBS check
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details.
We welcome applications from Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs) and from current industry practitioners who do not have a teaching qualification. Anyone joining the College will be part of a Lecturer Development Programme which provides staff with a range of support and training based on previous experience and individual need. The programme will offer a range of support and development opportunities, including inductions related to all College systems and processes, an assigned curriculum mentor and regular 1-2-1 support from the Quality team. Industry experts who do not currently hold a teaching qualification will be supported to complete a L4 Certificate in Education and Training and will have opportunities to complete a L5 Diploma in Education and Training.
The full details of the Lecturer Development Programme can be found in the attached document.
• Access to world-class facilities, the use of cutting-edge technologies and digital platforms;
• Financial support offered to obtain your teacher qualification;
• Extensive opportunities for upskilling and continuous professional development;
• Competitive salary;
• Pension scheme;
• 35 days holiday (plus bank holidays);
• Professional Development
• College ‘Count Me In’ social platform;
• Onsite fitness and childcare facilities;
• Onsite Costa, Café, shop, restaurants, hair and beauty salon; and
• Free onsite parking.
How to apply:
Please complete our application form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on 21 September 2021.
The selection process will take place week commencing 27 September 2021.
Cheshire College - South & West is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to provide a DBS Disclosure.
If you wish to discuss any aspects of the role prior to making an application, then please email email@example.com where arrangements will be made for a discussion with the relevant curriculum area.
Cheshire College - South and West (Crewe Campus)
- Further Education
- Students of mixed gender, age 16+ years
Cheshire College – South & West is the largest provider of post-16 education in the region, offering exciting opportunities to over 11,000 learners and 1,000 Apprentices, who all have access to world-class facilities as a result of a £120m invest...