This is an exciting opportunity to join the successful and expanding Sixth Form at Wakefield College. Wakefield Sixth Form has a strong academic ethos; working towards excellence for our students and helping each individual to achieve their full potential. The overall A level pass rate is consistently high, at 97% and above.
Psychology is a popular subject in the Wakefield Sixth Form and in our satellite campus at Crofton Academy Sixth Form. We are looking for an enthusiastic and inspiring teacher with a track record of success in teaching A level Psychology.
As a member of the Sixth Form, you would be joining a team of professional, dedicated and experienced A level teachers in a positive and supportive environment where staff enjoy a good sense of camaraderie and have high expectations of themselves and their students.
As a Lecturer in Psychology, you should:
- Have experience of teaching A level Psychology
- Have experience of adopting a range of teaching and learning strategies
- Have a degree in Psychology (or other related discipline)
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- An up-to-date knowledge of the relevant curriculum
- The ability to plan, deliver, assess and evaluate teaching and learning activities effectively
- A track record of good success rates in teaching and learning
- Child Care Vouchers
- Generous Annual Leave
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training & Development
See what we have to offer and come join us. You won’t be disappointed.
For more information about Wakefield College and the opportunity to apply, please click the Apply button and you will be redirected to our college website.
Closing date: 11am, Monday 11 December 2017
Interview date: Provisionally Tuesday 19 December 2017
Transforming lives through learning…
…by enabling young people. Adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhance Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.