You must be an enthusiastic and innovative lecturer and will be required to take up the important role in the delivery of full-time and part-time courses within the Programme Area of Sport, Active Leisure and Public Services. Currently the Public Services provision uses predominantly Pearson BTEC qualifications, across levels 1 to 3, but is widening its provision is conjunction with the requirements of the sector. You will work with the Programme Leader and the department team, to plan, provide and monitor high quality teaching and assessment of student’s work.
You will also be required to provide support and guidance in preparing students for further/higher education, training or employment. You must have an outward facing approach to engaging learners in the wider community and vice versa to ensure that learners gain a vocationally relevant and enriching experience.
This post carries a five-year employment permit. If appointed, you can expect to:
- Benefit from the stunning scenery and enviable quality of life;
- Be part of a leading development of Public Services in education and be allocated a personal laptop;
- Receive a generous relocation package to the island, including rent allowance;
- Earn a competitive salary, above the UK median;
- Participate in a well-resourced public service pension scheme;
- Enjoy the benefits of more generous tax allowances on an island with no VAT.
How to contact us
For further information about the post, please contact Sally Warburton, Programme Leader, Sport & Public Service on 01481 749940 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications can be made via: https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=59592&company=C0001230059P&username=
Our Recruitment team can be contacted on 01481 747394 and if you would like to register for information about future teaching vacancies, please visit www.gov.gg/careers
Closing date: 18th April 2018.
Interview date: 2nd May 2018.