Casual Lecturer in Sociology
We are looking for an enthusiastic lecturer, who can successfully deliver Sociology to our students. The key responsibility is to ensure excellence in teaching, learning and assessment to maximise student progress.
Lecturers employed on a casual basis are paid an hourly rate and claim hours on a month by month basis. This is a flexible arrangement that allows you to fit your work round any other commitments.
Based at Selby College within rural North Yorkshire, you will have the opportunity to deliver high quality teaching to motivated students who are willing to learn.
• Through teaching, contribute to the development of the curriculum area according to specialism including the planning of teaching and learning, and the preparation of learning materials, student assessments and technology-based resources.
• Effectively and efficiently undertake the administrative tasks required by internal systems and external bodies.
• Support and encourage students towards success working with Guidance & Support Tutors and other staff.
• Develop own teaching resources and maintain effective links across College for use of any specialist resources.
• Take responsibility for the accuracy of registration/certification for the course/subject and liaise with the SAM, Examinations Department and external awarding bodies as appropriate
• Develop resources for the course/subject and maintain effective links across College for resources, including effective use of budgets.
• You will have successfully taught Sociology within a college or post 16 setting.
• You will be a graduate in Sociology or related field and will hold a teaching qualification.
• You will be able to work well within a small team, be able to get on well with others, be organised, reliable and able to meet deadlines.
• You will have a positive attitude towards flexibility, change and innovation.
• You will understand current developments in post 16 education.
• Candidates with course management experience will have a distinct advantage.
Terms and Conditions:
Salary: up to £20.90 per hour depending on candidate
The hourly rate is inclusive of holiday pay which is calculated in relation to the total hours worked.
Closing date: 28th May 2021
All work in the College involves some degree of responsibility for safeguarding children, although the extent of that responsibility will vary according to the nature of the role. A DBS check is a requirement for this role.
- Further Education
- Students of age 16+ years