This is an excellent opportunity to join high performing College and a department that encourages innovative teaching practices, demonstrates exceptional subject expertise and inspires learners.
About this role
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated lecturer with experience and ability to contribute to curriculum delivery on a variety of programmes including Level 3 Sport and Exercise Sciences, Level 3 Sport and BSc Sports Coaching & Exercise science degree at Levels 4 and 5.
The core of the role is as follows:
CURRICULUM MANAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT
* Through teaching; contribute to the development of the curriculum area according to specialism including the preparation of learning materials, student assessments and technology based resources
* Effectively and efficiently undertake the administrative tasks required by internal systems and external bodies. This will include Level 3 Sport and Exercise Science course leadership activities and student administration.
* Monitor, review and evaluate student progress, keeping accurate records of assessments and resource use. Contribute to effective standardisation and moderation.
* Ensure a professional, organised, clean, safe and stimulating environment is created and maintained.
* Support and encourage students towards success with the assistance of Guidance & Support Tutors.
* Assist in the development of new programmes.
* Contribute to the development of links with schools and other partnership arrangements including links with external bodies.
* Develop own teaching resources and maintain effective links across College for use of any specialist resources.
* Take responsibility for the accuracy of registration/certification for the course/subject and liaise with the Subject Area Manager, Examinations Department and external awarding bodies as appropriate.
* Contribute to British Colleges Sport & industry related activities
The post holder will be joining an expanding and dynamic department. You will be a highly motivated person, with the ability and desire to enthuse students and provide a stimulating, demanding and rewarding learning experience. Excellent communication and presentation skills, a high degree of personal motivation and commitment and willingness to work effectively in a team are essential to the success of this post.
Experience and knowledge of teaching, assessing and internal verification is essential. The successful candidate will hold a relevant degree and teaching qualification (or willingness to work towards), with experience of teaching in the post-16 sector. Candidates will also have a good knowledge of Safeguarding and Prevent.
Closing Date: Friday 15th September
How to apply
To apply please complete the online application form and return to Personnel, Selby College, Abbots Road, Selby, YO8 8AT or email to firstname.lastname@example.org alternatively you can contact the Personnel Department Tel: 01757 211054 Email: email@example.com
All work in the College involves some degree of responsibility for safeguarding children, although the extent of that responsibility will vary according to the nature of the role. A DBS check will be completed as part of this role.