Barking & Dagenham College, is enjoying a successful period of growth in the Creative Industries through its commitment to working with local employers, delivering high quality education and training through supporting and nurturing the talent of our students.
We are seeking to appoint a Technical Theatre Lecturer to become part of a thriving Performing Arts team, based at The Broadway Theatre. The Broadway is a 350 seat working theatre where main house student performances take place. Based below the theatre the department has a friendly atmosphere with a stagecraft workshop and rehearsal spaces.
You will be working with the Technical Theatre students developing a variety of back stage skills such as:
- Stage management,
- lighting, sound, set & prop design as well as construction.
Your skills will include;
- Collaborating with other staff to produce performances both at The Broadway and at other London Venues.
- Experience working in a range of technical theatre environments an advantage as well as teaching the different skills.
- The successful applicant will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills as they will be required to lead their course in an expanding area,
- In addition, they will be expected to participate in training to develop their own skills.
Our aim is to deliver outstanding Learner outcomes and experiences working with Btec level 3 qualifications.
Barking & Dagenham College is a vibrant and highly successful College in East London with circa 12,500 students, circa 500 established staff and a turnover of £35m. The College offers routes into learning from entry level through to MBA level, including apprenticeships, higher level apprentices, higher education and job centre plus clients. We have technical specialist areas from level 3 and above with a broad based curriculum up to level 2. We are immensely proud of the achievements of our students, our entrepreneurial and motivated staff team and our extensive partnership network. The College trains circa 850 apprentices, including circa 110 higher level apprenticeships and delivers work place training, traineeships and higher level technical and professional specialisms up to MBA level in our 4 strategic vocational areas; Construction, Design & Management; Engineering including mechatronics & robotics; Digital Creative; Health & Social Care and Leadership and Management across the pan London occupational sectors.