Lecturer – Motor Vehicle
Salary: Up to £34,775 per annum depending on experience
Closing Date: Friday 18th January 2019
Interview Date: Tuesday 29th January 2019
Accrington and Rossendale College are looking for a talented and student focused Lecturer – Motor Vehicle to join their enthusiastic team on a full-time, permanent basis working 35 hours per week.
Accrington and Rossendale College is an award winning provider of Further Education, Higher Education & Work Based Training; we offer quality education and training to the people of Hyndburn, Rossendale & beyond. We currently offer Vocational and Apprenticeship programmes, at different levels, in 11 subject areas including Hospitality and Catering, Motor Vehicle Engineering and Construction and Building Trades. Part of Nelson and Colne College (Ofsted Outstanding), Accrington and Rossendale College offer a fantastic benefits package including a generous occupational pension scheme and access to continued professional development.
The successful candidate will contribute to the teaching of the College's Motor Engineering provision, from entry level to level 3. This includes tracking, internal verification/standards moderation and data collection
Main duties include:
· To support the development, delivery and assessment on a range of vocational programmes
· Manage learning including the design and delivery of high quality teaching and learning to ensure students achieve their maximum potential together with learning outcomes
· Promote innovation in curriculum design and development within your area and may be required to organise and supervise work placements and to undertake work based assessment, where appropriate
· To ensure both the quality of teaching and of the provision are of a high standard and use College quality systems to monitor track and manage this
· To undertake the role of course leader for selected group(s) and contribute to the wider work of the curriculum/faculty team
The ideal candidate will have:
· Minimum of Level 5 teaching qualification
· Degree or equivalent professional or vocational qualification in relevant subject (desirable)
· GCSE qualification in Maths and English
· Evidence of relevant teaching and vocational related CPD
· Experience of teaching or training in a post compulsory setting
· Successful experience of delivering across a range of programmes from entry level to level 1
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this post and would like to find out more, please visit our website and complete an online application form.
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.