Aureus School is a brand new, state of the art STEAM specialist comprehensive 11-16 school that opened on the Great Western Park, Didcot, in September 2017. Our mission is simple: we will strive to educate the whole student so that each individual in our community may ‘Grow, Learn and Flourish’. We are looking to expand our team and are seeking a Lettings Assistant to start as soon as possible.
- To be responsible to the Community Lettings Manager to provide flexible outstanding customer care and caretaking / premises services for third party use of the school’s sporting and business facilities at evenings, weekends and during school holiday periods.
- It may also involve supporting the Premises Team during the school day and early evening.
- This is a zero hour contract and flexibility is essential to respond to the needs of Aureus Community Lettings.
- Provide a flexible, responsive and helpful lettings reception service to all third party users of the school’s facilities, ensuring high standards of customer care at all times.
- Unlock the school site and relevant facilities and buildings required for third party use.
- Set-up furniture, equipment and facilities in preparation for third party use.
- Assist in the maintenance and upkeep of the facilities (e.g. litter picking, sweeping, emptying bins, basic cleaning and use of pitch maintenance equipment). Training will be provided in the use of any specialist equipment.
- Promptly and accurately report any defects or hazards identified in the school premises and equipment.
- Assist in the general administration of the school’s facilities, including signing-in hirers and teams, taking telephone calls and using a computerised booking system.
- Be highly visible and proactive throughout all third party use to help promote a positive, safe and welcoming environment for all users of the school’s facilities.
- Pack away any furniture and equipment at the end of the booking and ensure that all facilities are ready for use by the school.
- Ensure that the facilities and site are safe, tidy and secure at the end of third party use.
- Playing a full part in the life of the school community as needed, supporting its distinctive ethos and encouraging staff and students to follow this example.
- Actively promoting school policies and procedures.
- Responsibility for own continued professional development.
- Compliance with the school’s Health & Safety policy undertaking risk assessments as appropriate.
- To be courteous to colleagues, visitors and telephone callers and provide a welcoming environment.
- Attending and participating in meetings scheduled in the school calendar punctually.
- Adhering to the School’s Safeguarding Policy.
- Be aware of and support difference and ensure equal opportunities for all.
- Establish constructive relationships and communicate with other agencies/professionals.
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.
- Recognise own strengths and areas of expertise and use these to advise and support others.
Accountability: Community Lettings Manager
GLF Schools expects its employees to work flexibly with the framework of the duties and responsibilities above. This means that the post holder may be expected to carry out work that is not specified in the job profile but which is within the remit of the duties and responsibilities.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will have to meet the person specification and will be required to apply for a DBS disclosure.
We are passionate about creating a culture of wellbeing where all staff and students are valued and supported so that we can all ‘grow, learn and flourish’.
We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We are open to applications from educators seeking flexible roles including part-time, job share and co-leadership responsibilities.
Application Deadline: 14/05/2018
Interview Date: 16/05/2018