33.25 hours per week (8.30am – 3.30pm with 30 minutes unpaid lunch and 4.15pm finish on Wednesdays)
Are you passionate about helping every child succeed and improve their life chances?
Are you prepared to work collaboratively for the benefit of young people?
Will you offer children the opportunity to experience “life in all its fullness” by doing what it takes, no matter what their starting point or social challenges?
If so, Bolton St Catherine’s Academy would love to hear from you!
We are a 3-19 all age fully inclusive Academy on an exciting journey to become an outstanding organisation. We are also delighted to be able to offer state-of-the-art facilities in a new £36 million building providing staff with the opportunity to teach in a cutting edge and vibrant environment.
It is an exciting time to be joining us as we formally became two form entry in our primary phase from this September. In 2018, our KS2 outcomes put us in the top 3% nationally for Maths and in the top 10% nationally for Writing, with 72% of our Year 6 children achieving the expected standard in Reading, Writing and Maths compared to 64% nationally. This amazing set of results are the culmination of the supreme efforts and teamwork of all our primary colleagues from Early Years through to Year 6, closing the significant gap of sometimes 18 months behind expectations upon arrival at school in reception to national average and higher by the time they leave in Year 6.
The schools of The Bishop Fraser Trust aim to offer:
- A high quality, inclusive and distinctive education
- A caring and nurturing environment based on our Christian values, recognising the uniqueness of each child.
Initially working in our Early Years classes and working under the direction of our class teachers, the post holders will:
- have high expectations for pupils’ attainment and personal development,
- have experience of working with primary aged children
- have the ability to work with children with challenging behavioural and social needs.
- can clearly demonstrate adding value to the amount of progress made by a child as a result of their input
- display and role model professional values and ethics at all times
- be able to demonstrate the patience, commitment and passion for working with our young people
- have personal resilience and shows persistence in discovering and implementing those strategies that best engage pupils in their learning
- be able to quickly build rapport and effective professional relationships with both colleagues and children
- work flexibly to meet changing demands
In return we can offer:
- fantastic facilities
- a supportive and encouraging staff team
- a rigorous and motivational weekly programme of continuous professional development
- opportunities to get involved in extra-curricular activities
- a paid premium to a Healthcare Cash Plan to claim back contributions towards dental, optical and other medical costs
- 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to a Cycle to Work Scheme
- A lunch allowance for those colleagues volunteering to assist in lunchtime duties or activities
For more information visit our website www.boltonstcatherinesacademy.org.uk or contact our Primary Phase Leader Gareth Watson on firstname.lastname@example.org
Visits to the school prior to application are warmly welcomed. Please contact Richard Saunders, Primary Administrator, to arrange on 01204 332533.
To apply please complete the TES online application form, ensuring in your application statement that you show how you meet items on the person specification and explaining why you are applying for this post and why our school. Please pre-empt any obvious questions your application may pose by addressing these in your application.
The Bishop Fraser Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to child protection screening including an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and also past employment checks. We are an equal opportunities employer. References will be sought prior to interview.
Closing date: 9am Monday 16th September 2019.