‘Serve The Lord In Gladness’
Hours: 26.25 hours per week, 8:45am – 3:00pm
We are seeking to recruit a suitably experienced Teaching Assistant to join our successful and well-respected school. The position is initially to support in Year 3.
The successful applicant will:
- Hold at least a recognised NVQ Level 2 Teaching Assistant qualification or equivalent.
- Be able to contribute effectively to teaching and learning.
- Be able to contribute to assessment of children working in Key Stage 2.
- Be able to demonstrate very good relationships with children and adults.
- Be able to motivate children and inspire them to learn.
- Be a good team player.
- Be supportive of the Catholic ethos of the school.
- Have an excellent awareness of all aspects of safeguarding.
In return, we can offer a very supportive staff, opportunities for professional development and an exciting and stimulating learning environment.
St. Augustine’s RC Primary School is a high performing school, which lies at the heart of St. Mary’s Cathedral Parish. We provide a caring, Catholic ethos and enjoy support from the Church and wider community.
Visits to the school are encouraged and warmly welcomed. To make an appointment or for further information please contact the Head Teacher, Mr. M. Macaulay on 01642 599001 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application forms and other information can be downloaded from the Catholic Education Service website using the following link and selecting ‘Support staff application form’:
Please note, applicants who do not use the CES application form will not be considered.
Closing date: Midday on Friday 13th October 2017
As we are part of the St. Hilda’s Catholic Academy Trust, other opportunities may become available within the Trust.
St. Augustine’s RC Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children/young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an enhanced DBS certificate will be sought along with other relevant employment checks.
St. Augustine’s RC Primary School, a Catholic Voluntary Academy
(Part of St. Hilda’s Catholic Academy Trust)
Tel: 01642 599001 Numbers on roll 210 + 26 place nursery