Teaching Assistant Level 2 – Permanent
Hillsborough Primary School
Grade 3 £18,795 to £19,171 pro rata
The governors of Hillsborough Primary School are seeking to appoint a Level 2 Teaching Assistant who is enthusiastic and suitably qualified to work across school.
Hillsborough is a larger than average primary school in north Sheffield. The school is at the heart of its community and in November 2013 became a member of Tapton School Academy Trust. Tapton is an outstanding secondary school and membership of the Academy Trust provides a range of opportunities for partnership working and continuing professional development.
You will need to have:
• Excellent inclusive practice
• Demonstrate evidence of working successfully with children with additional needs
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent literacy and numeracy skills as evidenced by at least GCSE or equivalent Level C standard in these subjects, having at least an NVQ Level 2 (a Teaching Assistant equivalent qualification is desirable)
• Contribute to the educational and social development of the children.
• The ability to work as part of a team and to also be able to demonstrate a high level of personal organisation.
• Knowledge and understanding of child development
• An understanding of progression in phonics.
We can offer you:
• Staff with a vision of excellence for the future
• Children who love learning and want to achieve
• A high level of community involvement
• A well-resourced and stimulating environment
• A strong emphasis on teamwork
• High quality CPD opportunities
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.
For further information and an application pack please contact Mrs Dennison at Hillsborough Primary School on 0114 2347898 or by email at email@example.com
Please DO NOT complete a Sheffield City Council application form for this post.
Further information relevant to this post is available on line via the school website www.hillsborough.sheffield.sch.uk
Please note the short closing date on this advert.
Closing date for the applications: Tuesday 16th July 2019 at 12.00pm
Shortlisting: Tuesday 16th July 2019
Interviews: Thursday 18th July 2019
Hillsborough Primary School and Nurseries is committed to safeguarding and promoting the interests of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
References for short-listed candidates will be requested before the interview.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a DBS Enhanced Disclosure.