• Closing Date: 27th January 2020 (5 pm)
• Interview Date(s): From 29th January
• Contract/Hours: Permanent, 24.5 hours
Mon - Weds 8.45am - 1pm, Thurs 8.45am - 3pm and Friday 12pm - 6pm
• Salary Type: Support Staff
• Salary Details: Grade 6 Point 8 - 13 £19,945 - £22,021 (FTE)
• Actual Salary Details: Grade 6 Point 8 - 13 £10,999 - £12,144
• Start Date: 24th February 2020
• Location of Role: Nursery and Extended Care (wrap around care provision)
• Contact e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for an efficient and enthusiastic member of staff to join our school as an Early Years Teaching Assistant (Grade 6). This post would suit someone with experience in EYFS provision and candidates will have studied for and successfully completed the level 3 qualification in Early Years/Childcare.
Duties will include:
• To implement agreed work and play programmes with individuals/groups, in or out of the setting.
• Assist the nursery manager/extended care manager in the whole planning cycle and the management/preparation of resources
• To supervise whole groups/classes occasionally during the short-term absence of the nursery manager/extended care manager
• Establish productive working relationships with children, acting as a role model and setting high expectations
• Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all children within the setting
• Support children consistently whilst recognising and responding to their individual needs
• Encourage children to interact and work co-operatively with others and engage all children in activities
• Promote independence and employ strategies to recognise and reward achievement of self-reliance
• Monitor and evaluate children’s responses to learning activities through observation and planned recording of achievement against pre-determined learning objectives
• Provide objective and accurate feedback and reports as required, to the Nursery Manager on children’s achievement, progress and other matters, ensuring the availability of appropriate evidence
• Be responsible for keeping and updating records as agreed with the Nursery Manager, contributing to reviews of systems/records as requested
• Promote positive values, attitudes and good behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with established policy and encourage children to take responsibility for their own behaviour
• Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, safeguarding, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
• Liaise sensitively and effectively with parents/carers as agreed with the Nursery Manager within your role/responsibility and participate in feedback sessions/meetings with parents with, or as directed
• Attend and participate in regular meetings
• Participate in training and other learning activities as required
• To undertake other duties, appropriate to the grade, as may reasonably be required by the headteacher
The River Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. The River Learning Trust is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from a range of backgrounds to represent diversity in line with our schools' community.
The River Learning Trust (RLT) is a multi-academy trust responsible for a number of schools and a school centred initial teacher training provider within Oxfordshire. The schools and SCITT are united by their commitment to the principles of the trust and a common belief in the benefits of everything that is gained by working together.
• Commitment to Excellence; striving for the best educational experience
• Everyone Learning; creating and taking opportunities that enhance lives
• Respectful Relationships; acting with care, integrity, and fairness in all we do
Visits to the school are warmly welcome and actively encouraged. Please call 01993 842372 to arrange a visit and for any further information.
The closing date for applications is 27th January 2020, but we will interview immediately for a strong applicant.
Applications are made via https://riverlearningtrust.org/recruitment/
We look forward to receiving your application.
For further information about the school please visit our website on http://www.edith-moorhouse.oxon.sch.uk/