Al Rabeeh School is seeking to appoint an outstanding, enthusiastic and adaptable Librarian from August 2018. The successful applicant will have at least 2 years experience and have a relevant undergraduate degree or masters degree in a related field.
The Al Rabeeh name has been synonymous throughout the city for high quality education and pastoral care since 1979. It is a well-established primary school with an excellent reputation within the community of Abu Dhabi. Al Rabeeh School is one of the oldest international schools in Abu Dhabi, growing considerably over the years.
The school is the founding school of an expanding group of schools and academies, which are aiming to be the best providers of education in the Emirate. We recruit the very best teachers who can deliver our curricula in a creative, collaborative, and highly engaging manner. The school is a member of British Schools in the Middle East (BSME) and is committed to professional development and the CPD programmes BSME offers.
Our librarian will have a crucial role within Al Rabeeh School as we need to support our students to fully prepare them for their next steps into secondary education and develop the 2 libraries to help raise reading standards in the school. The successful applicant will need to be sympathetic to the ethos and values of Al Rabeeh School, a school with a high population of Emirati/Arab students and be able to adapt their teaching to meet the needs of our students so they make rapid progress.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A clear vision to make the libraries the hub of learning in the school
- Confidence in using IT to motivate and extend students’ learning experiences in the library
- Strong focus on pastoral care and be prepared to go the extra mile to get the best out of ‘our’ students
- Commitment to whole school initiatives and the school improvement cycle
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise
- Competitive salary (tax free)
- An initial two year contract (renewable by mutual consent)
- A supportive team to develop your career
- The opportunity to establish innovative practices in a bespoke school
To apply please click the 'apply now' or forward an up-to-date CV, covering letter and photograph to the Director of Schools, Ms Alison Lamb at firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications: Friday 16th February 2018, but interviews may take place ahead of this date so an early application is advantageous.
While we thank all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.