Owned and operated by the United Church in Jamaica and the Cayman Islands
Cayman Prep and High School is a private, co-educational Christian school with over 970 students ranging from Kindergarten to Year 13 and offers a British-based international curriculum leading to IGCSE / GCSE and A-level
qualifications. The school is renowned for providing a stimulating learning environment in which our students become critical, creative thinkers, responsible citizens and lifelong learners. This is evident in our consistent record of outstanding academic achievements, pastoral care and wide range of extra-curricular activities
The High School invites applications from fully qualified, enthusiastic and experienced Caymanians, Caymanian Status Holders and Permanent Residents with the Right to Work to join our high-performing team in the following position:
LIBRARIAN – (High School)
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing, developing and promoting the Library within the school to ensure that an effective resource and information service is provided to all students and staff. The successful candidate should ensure that the work of the Library is consistent with the aims of the school and that it supports and promotes the school’s ethos.
Duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Leading a thriving culture of reading within the school and promoting the library as a resource;
- Manage the High School’s library and information resources ensuring effective and efficient access to printed and electronic information for all staff and students;
- Monitoring student use to encourage that all children use the library;
- Working with the Principal, manage the Library resource budget, taking responsibility for the selection, acquisition, organisation, promotion and display of books and other resources;
- Select, acquire, organise, promote and maintain books and other learning resources to cover the full age and ability range of the students, and to ensure an equality of opportunity for all;
- Participate with teaching staff in planning and supporting reader development, and encourage reading and enjoyment of literature;
- Prepare reading materials for projects and unit of enquiry;
- Assist with accelerated reader programs;
- Manage learning materials for effective retrieval and use, including the systematic indexing, classification and cataloguing of all Library resources and dissemination of information relating to those resources to staff and students as appropriate;
- Support the maintenance of up-to-date records and organise other school reading resources;
- All staff are expected to fully adhere to and support the Christian ethos of the school.
Qualifications, experience and skills required:
- Professional Librarian training and / or qualifications;
- In-depth knowledge, understanding and experience of library and information skills;
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience working in a High School library;
- Current knowledge and understanding of literature and resources to support Key Stage 3, 4 (GCSE) and 5 (A Level) students and the English National Curriculum (2014);
- Awareness of child development and the role of reading in the educational development of the child;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to adapt to a range of very different audiences;
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, manage multiple priorities and set and meet appropriate targets, and is solution driven, a radiator / literature ambassador;
- Ability to use a Library Management Information Systems and other ICT software, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SIMS.
Salary range for the above positions: CI$41,000 – CI$57,000 per annum commensurate with experience.
Other benefits include medical insurance and contribution to a pension plan.
Further information about the school can be viewed on the school website: www.cayprep.edu.ky.
APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF SUBMITTED ON THE RELEVANT SCHOOL APPLICATION FORM (available on the website) and forwarded along with a covering letter and CV to:
Mr. Karl Murphy, High School Principal
P.O. Box 10013
Grand Cayman KY1-1001
Deadline for receipt of applications: Tuesday, December 20th, 2019