The Library is a crucial area for the school, meeting the needs of a diverse range of users. On a daily basis it offers a quiet study space, provides a wide range of books and resources and delivers reprographics services. There are two Library and resources assistants, both part time. This vacancy will make up one of these two posts, and will be for 3 days (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday).
The successful candidate will become a member our wider school support team, being enthusiastic and proactive whilst providing an excellent customer service experience to library users at all times. The successful candidate should have an interest in literature and get involved with the students’ reading, helping them engage with different materials. Whilst full training on our specific systems will be given where needed, it is important that the successful candidate is able to use their own initiative, managing the library on a day to day basis, keeping it well organised and up to date with new resources. There will be daily contact with a wide range of staff, students and visitors and it is important that the successful candidate has the confidence and ability to meet their various needs.
Daily tasks may include:
- Issuing books to staff and students
- Supporting students with their book choices / study
- Issuing chromebooks (with the support of the IT department)
- Ensuring the Library is tidy and welcoming
- Introducing the Library to new Year 7 students.
- Providing copying and reprographics services to staff / departments
- Choosing new books / stock for the Library
- Managing students within the Library at break and lunch
For further details, please visit www.tmbs.leics.sch.uk
The Market Bosworth School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo appropriate child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Closing date: 9am on Friday 15 December 2017
Interviews will take place on Monday 18 December 2017