Permanent part-time – 15 hours per week, 39 weeks per year.
About the Library Assistant
The Library Assistant undertakes a range of administrative and clerical functions to facilitate the efficient operation of the Preparatory School Library and provides assistance to all library users and visitors, in line with the friendly, customer-orientated ethos of Westminster School libraries. The Library Assistant is required to demonstrate para-professional library expertise and accept personal responsibility.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide library services to students and staff, including circulation desk duties, assistance with reference queries and on-line services
- Build knowledge of and maintain library collections including fiction, non-fiction and picture books
- Perform administrative, clerical and technical duties including processing new resources, reshelving, processing overdues, book covering and repairs.
- Use the OLIVER library automation system proficiently to fulfil duties above
- Help students and teachers use a range of library resources and technologies
- Assist teacher librarians to run scheduled library programs and activities
- Display student work and information to promote reading, new books and special events
Key Selection Criteria: Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Sound organisational, clerical and numerical skills
- Ability to prioritise and follow library procedures
- Sound word processing skills and good working knowledge of MS office programs
- Relevant qualification in library studies/administration or similar is desirable
Key Selection Criteria: Personal Qualities
- Demonstrated initiative and the capacity for self-direction
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to relate well to teachers and students
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to work productively as part of a team in a dynamic environment
A position description is available on our website under the Careers tab.
For further information about this role please contact our Human Resources team, email@example.com
To apply, please submit via Seek, your resume and cover letter addressed to Mrs Julia Baldwin, Teacher Librarian before 9.00am 12 November.
Westminster, where you can achieve more than you thought possible.